"Solo Pear on a String"
"Solo Pear on a String" ©Misha Ambrosia
- Graphite on Parchment with Black and Silver Lined Handmade Indian Paper
- Artwork size: 2 ¼”x3 ¼”
- Framed and matted in a 8”L x 10”H natural oak frame with Plexiglas
- Date of completion: April 16, 2014
- Ah….The simple pear comes in many different shapes and colors.
- Even the word “pear-shaped” has different connotations, such as when the term is applied to people, where it means narrow at the shoulders and wide at the hips, when said of someone's voice, "pear-shaped" means rich and sonorous, when describing a situation which something went awry or perhaps horribly wrong and finally in drawing, an uneven circle is often referred as “pear-shaped.” So, I guess then you can say another one of my favorite subjects is the uneven circle!!!
- You can paint a pear so many different colors and ways, never boring-always fun! And Pears are great study techniques for light and shadow...thank goodness we have a pear tree in our yard!