"Hilltopper Fans in Fountain Square"
"Hilltopper Fans in Fountain Square" ©Misha Ambrosia
- Watercolor on Arches 300pd Cold Press Paper
- Artwork size: 10 ¾”L x 13”H
- Frame size: 20”L x 24” H
- Date of completion: February 27, 2014
- I love painting Bowling Green, Kentucky landscapes, I love painting chrome and I love to have new art ideas to explore soooo…last year our local university Western Kentucky (WKU…Go Hilltoppers!) changed their football uniforms and added chrome helmets to their repertoire. I borrowed a helmet and went around town shooting pictures of local landmarks reflected on the helmet. Watercolor is the best of the best medium for reflections, so I just rolled with it.
- While shooting pictures at Fountain Square Park, BTW…this is my favorite place in Bowling Green, I placed the helmet on a boy who is part of as bronze statue located on the Main St. side of the park. I was amazed the helmet fit, barely, but it fit. Also I placed a WKU towel in the hand holding the book. The three children are reading a book etched with ‘Once upon a Time.” I have painted these children many times and I like this one the best!